Whats best way to discipline a child with autism my son in law made her stay still untill she listens trying to calm her down made her more upset she is 4 yrs old

tanzi16

Asked by tanzi16 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You're the MIL. I say stay out of it!
    Anonymous

• I am sure that your daughter has been to the doctor, and talked already about the chosen ways to discipline her,, I think you need to not worry about what they do,,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I agree with Anon and kimigogo.
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 8:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My daughter has Aspergers it is very rare that she throws a tantrum but when she does I let her get over the crying first and then we discuss it calmly and then move on from it. I don't think there is a need to say stay out of it, the original poster is obviously concerned and as parents shouldn't we be open to advice instead of closing of our minds and saying this is how we do it end of! I am always open to advice and support especially when it comes to Aspergers/Autism because its still a learning curve for us.
    LouLou6020

Answer by LouLou6020 at 5:54 AM on Jul. 4, 2011