As vaccines go.. which ones do you think are necessary?

i didnt do my research and never really got into that stuff ... but when my son was little i just brought him in to get vaccinations which i thought was the parent thing to do .. and seriously didnt know how harmful they could be ... and now my son is 20 months and im scared that he might have autism... and now im beating myself up over it ..but anyways ............ which ones are necessary? if i ever have another one i want to know if i should vaccinate or which ones are safe or necessary?

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• There has NEVER been a link between ANY vaccine and autism. There was ONE report by andoctor who did a "study" on 12 kids, whose parents paid the doctor to make the link for a lawsuit, and the news spread like wildfire. The journal that published his study (The Lancet) has since retracted the study, and the doctor has since lost his medical license. Numerous studies have since been conducted, disproving the connection between MMR and autism. As someone who has studied microbiology, immunology, and vaccines, the benefits far outweigh any risks with every one of them. Because of that one bad study, measles is on the rampage through schools, and the could all be prevented. There is some concern about thimerosal, a type of mercury, in some vaccines, however, you get more thimerosal in one serving of salmon than you do in any vaccine. Again, the benefits outweigh the risks, IMO.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• my doctor told me that as well! but i feel something wrong with him ...im very concerned is all .. do you promise that vaccines dont harm you?
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• All vaccines are necessary. Musicpisces is right there is no link @ at all about MMR causing autism, in fact there are tons and tons of articles disproving this claim. If you do believe that your son might have autism it wasn't caused by a vaccine, it is just that he is @ the age where they start showing the signs of it.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:21 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I would highly recommend The Vaccine Book by, Robert Sears MD. He gives different schedules for getting them. No more than 2 at a time and the ingredients in the Vax is taken into consideration when putting those 2 together. There is also different considerations due to body development and the blood brain barrier. Great book, easy to read. It helped me.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 1:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• NOTHING in life is without risk. There are carcinogens in carrots. There are toxins in potatoes. There is something harmful in everything we put into our bodies, but again, the benefits generally outweigh the risks. We put ourselves at danger every time we get into a car, every time we eat, every time we do pretty much anything. Use a cell phone? Some people claim that will kill you. You just have to look at the bigger picture. My son got a rash from the varicella vaccine, which can be common, but that went away, and it's certainly better than him getting chicken pox! I won't say there is NO danger in vaccines, because the site can get infected, a person can be allergic to something in it, a live virus vaccines carry a small risk of giving the disease. But even if a person does get any of these, including the disease in question, it's almost always milder than getting what the vaccine protects against.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:11 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I think they are all necessary
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 5:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I think all are necessary. My daughter is 4 and has been fully vaccinated. She has never had any problems from the vaccines.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 8:33 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I also think they are all necessary. My son is 5 and is up to date on his vaccinations. And the vaccine/autism link has been disproven, the doctor who did the "study" manipulated the results. Here's a story.

http://healthland.time.com/2011/01/06/study-linking-vaccines-to-autism-is-fraudulent/

As musicpisces said, nothing in life is without risk.  If you think your son is showing signs of autism, speak to his doctor about it.

TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:15 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Everything but the flu shot and ones they're allergic to are necessary. It bothers me that some people don't vaccinate their kids. If your kid gets pertussis they'll likely get better- I'll go into convulsions and stop breathing if I catch it from them.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 3:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Vaccines do not cause autism. That has been proven time and time again. If your son does have autism, it isn't because of vaccines. However, the diseases that vaccines prevent can KILL your son and other children.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 5:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2011