What's the difference between a regular crib and a portable crib?

I don't mean a port-a-crib (playpen with mesh sides), but a "portable crib" that is coming up on searches. Is it smaller? It seems to have a much thinner mattress, but I can't tell much else from the pictures.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think they have wheels so that you can move them easily, like if you wanted to put in your room? Not sure because we don't have one but I that is my understanding. I got a crib that turns into a toddler bed and then a full bed. (Saves money in the long run.)
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Portable crib and pack and play are different but the same essentially...Pack and play is the one with the mesh sides...A portable crib looks like a regular crib but is smaller and often times can fold up...I know ppl who buy them because they live in a small apartment and don't have much room...
    MelissaBK

Answer by MelissaBK at 1:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• You can take a portable crib and go....
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 5:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• A portable crib is smaller in size and their mattress is only 2 in thick. The portable crib is a good travel size to take places, or keep at grandma's, but i would not use a portable crib all the time, they would not be comfortable.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Thank you!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:10 AM on Jul. 3, 2011