How do I stop being so jealous of his ex wife

Just tonight, I discovered that he put out a piece of pottery in our dining room (I guess a few weeks ago but I didn't notice). I asked him what it was and where it came from. He said "I really like it. It was a wedding present." (Not from our wedding mind you. We got married 2 years ago and asked for no gifts). I know I'm being neurotic. But most of the items around our house are from his previous marriage. Just these past couple of months, I've just about had enough of the ex and all her stuff being everywhere. It didn't bother me so much before we got married, but I've gotten more and more annoyed with it. Am I being super neurotic? He knows I can't stand stuff that they got as wedding presents. But he just does this...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Doesn't sound jealous to me. You just don't her junk. Ihave that issue with my mil. Remove the stuff, easy solution. Just say, well I don't like that pottery or whatever.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• How do I stop being so jealous of his ex wife - who is he married to?? You or her?? If it's YOU what do you have to be jealous of??

Men just don't think about stuff the way we do... they are clueless!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• it would bother me too. time for a garage sale!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 1:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• honestly it would bother me too.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I have been through this... it's been 9 years (5 married and 4 living together prior to). We still have some stuff from their past relationship, and yes, at first it bothered me a lot. Guys do not emotionally attach themselves to things the same way women do. Your thinking of it as him holding on to stuff that may remind him of her.. and he is thinking of it as them just being items he likes no matter where they came from.

Eventually, you will start replacing things with your own and the other stuff will get old, or break.. etc. Don't let it bother you anymore. =)
    SherryMalcom

Answer by SherryMalcom at 1:56 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• When my husband and I got married, he threw EVERYTHING out from his previous marriage. We stared fresh.
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 2:40 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• It would bother me too,and I would let him know.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Crafty, I LOVE your reply!!!
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 2:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• WELL IT WOULD BOTHER ME TOO. WELL HE HAD SHOULDVE DONATED THE ITEMS OR THREW THEM AWAY. BC HES MARRIED TO YOU NOT HER... THATS MY OPINON..
    lucinacruz

Answer by lucinacruz at 4:44 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I'd tell him how it makes me feel. I'd be bothered by it.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2011