Call the police or not? **fireworks**

Fireworks are illegal to light within city limits in our town. Going out of city limits takes maybe 5 minutes max. I didn't call earlier in the night, but now it's after midnight and people are lighting off firecrackers and mortars which are loud and waking me up. They did this last night too and it's really starting to piss me off. I can understand up to 11:30PM... but now it's late and people are actually trying to sleep!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Holidays

• july 4thjuly 4thlighten up just this once- - after all its the 4th of july weekend.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Goodluck with that, most will not respond right away and bt the time they do, its over. But u can try it.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I think it would be fine if you did. midnight is too late for that stuff.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 1:32 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I would, only because that crap would wake my DD up, and I am NOT ok with that.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:33 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Give it a break it's holidays. I'd ask for 20$ each time I would be called the cops on during the holidays and girl, I'd be rich lol
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 1:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Last night this crap went on until 2AM, I'm all for celebrating the 4th and I'm not going to tattle on them if it's earlier in the night.

But seriously, taking it out of city limits this late at night isn't hard to do. They don't need to be doing this crap in a residential area after midnight.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:36 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I would usually say to let it go since it's the holiday. But, doing it that late is a little much. It amazes me how little consideration for others that people have now. I try my hardest to think of others when I'm making noise, especially at night. It never seems like other people offer that same consideration. Unfortunately, I know from experience that the police are probably getting alot of calls like that and so the chances of them responding is very slim. You can try though.
    davidnjonsmommy

Answer by davidnjonsmommy at 1:40 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• we just got back from watching out towns fireworks show,and the kids and hubby all wanted to light ours off. I told them no way in hell,everyones going to sleep it's almost 12 and mommas tired. Anyhooo they grumble all they want I'm gonna respect my neighbors!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 1:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• illegal is illegal... holiday or not! Call if it's keeping you awake... Lighting them off is just ignorant and rude to do to other people!! We called (along with several other neighbors) a few years ago when we had neighbors waking up our kids... now they have kids and actually apologized for being so ignorant back then!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:56 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I'm all for having a good time, but I just don't understand why they can't drive a few minutes away and light them off in the middle of nowhere. We're in a small town and there's a bunch of wide open space outside of city limits. It's not like they have to go far away in order to light the fireworks... just a few minutes and they're there.

They just lit another one, and if I hear one more I think I'm going to run out there and ask them to stop.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:11 AM on Jul. 3, 2011