Have you ever cried over lunch?

I cried at Denny's today. I think DH got to hear some things come out of my mouth that put him in check. Made him realize just how bad it is to be me on most days and that no matter what I do I always end up everyone's scape goat and I'm always to blame for other peoples shit even though my lifes mission since I was a child was to take care of my family since my piece of shit mother mother wouldn't put down the bottle or the drugs. And now as an adult I try to control certain situations because I'm scared to feed my kids hot dogs for dinner every night or become homeless again or to have my kids worry what will happen next. I guess I just really let him see that I love him and our kids and if I sound or seem like a controlling bitch because I don't want certain things around my kids then so be it I could give 2 shits less about what other people think of me ( as I post anon lol)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Sure, most people have gotten upset and done something similar. Sounds like you are taking on way too much responsibility for other people. I do this too. Somehow I am everyone's therapist. It has gotten to the point that I have my own therapist. Just to vent to once a month. It really helps, and he helps me look at things from a different perspective. Maybe you should get a therapist to help you let go of needing control over the little things. Some things just aren't all that important in the long run.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 11:45 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• So what brought this on? You were just thinking about it? Or someone said something to you?
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:12 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• DH said something to me that really pissed me off. I talked to him calmly about it then I very very quietly and discreetly cried. We were in the back of Denny's lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:14 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Okay, gotcha. I was gonna say if you were just sitting in Denny's eating and had a breakdown...maybe you should see someone lol

But, that's not the case. I've done the same. No worries :)
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:21 AM on Jul. 3, 2011