Couldnt commit......

So we are having a sleepover tonight. Well one of the two kids that came with ended up not being able to do it follow through with sleeping over. It's 2am & her mother just came & grabbed her. This little girl whos 11yo said she was fine for hours & said she was going to stay the night no problem. Well 1:30am hits & she says she wants her mommy & wants to go home. *sigh* now I was just about asleep when this happened. I had to wait half an hour for her mother to get here, I am now wide awake =( If I were to fall asleep now I'd get maybe five hours before my daughter & the other wakes up, but I am unable to fall back asleep.

Tomorrow is going to suck thats for sure =( just a little late night vent ladies sorry.

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 2:13 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• My oldest son is 11 and does that. He also lost his dad (car accident on his way to work before my son woke up) and the psychologist said he's afraid to wake up and have me be missing. I've had to pick him up multiple times in the middle of the night. So before people make comments about that being too old, make sure you know everyones circumstances. Op I know your frustration hun. I'm sorry :(
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 3:16 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I use to have a friend that did the same thing too. If she didn't get her way, she would leave the house. maybe that brought it on.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• :( and she's 11?
    I would expect that from a 5 year old.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• That sucks, sorry mama. Hopefully your child isn't too bummed out over it! Go get some sleep.

quiet

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Ya me 2 Chloe...did she sya way she wantd to leave?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:22 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• that sucks... at 11years old i would have loved to have sleep overs. well it sounds like you were a good host.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:43 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• DANG THAT SUCK SWEETIE WELL HOPEFULLY NEXT TIME WILL BE BETTER ♥♥
    lucinacruz

Answer by lucinacruz at 4:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I was 10 or 11 sleeping over at a friends house and I started to cry some in the middle of the night cause I was homesick but I did manage to stick it out and stay, every kid is different. My son had a day out with my brother and SIL and I didn't think he would stay the night with them he was 8 or 9 but he stayed just fine
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 4:17 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Yes she's 11, the 4yo who came to spend the night is out like a light & hasent woken up since! I hear this is a common problem with her, these kids are family members. This is the first time either of them have stayed the night with me. OH well I think I will pull out my book & relax a bit get a few hours in then just pull through the day tomorrow! At least tomorrow is my down day for the weekend, today or yesterday now was busy & monday is another super busy day.
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 2:24 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Michigan - she is a mommy girl. Its not the first time this has happened (to me it is) but to others she has done it.

Chloesmom - she wasnt upset, she did all the things she wanted to & more. She is such a sweet little girl totally not the type to be bossy or go for revenege or hold a grudge. We did the works tonight, pizza dinner, swimming, fireworks with sparklers, playing with other kids, riding forewheelers, watched a movie together it was a good visit. Next time I will just snag her in the morning & she can hang for the day thats all.
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 2:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2011