Ebay question

I have a few things (electronics, baby items, scrapbook supplies, etc) I want to sell, and I do not use Craiglist. I live in an apartment so a yard sale is out of the question (I already asked) and I rather not take them to a second-hand store because I know the ones around here do not pay what they should for items (I don't blame them.) My question is, has anyone used Ebay and if so... did you like it, dislike it, etc? Also, any other ideas on how I can sell my stuff would be helpful, I am thinking about posting a note on FB about the items I have for sale.

supermama86

Asked by supermama86 at 2:24 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• I really don't like eBay anymore. Too many fees and it's just like a garage sale where everyone wants it as cheap as possible. I put up two dresses, originally $1000 each for $150 and I was getting messages asking to pay $50. It's pretty sad :(
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 8:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I use ebay alot , for buying and selling things , I like it . Tip : try not to buy or sell things to/from out of the country . Hope i helped (:
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 2:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I sell on ebay and I'm not fond of it really. Too many fees and red tape really. It's just the best place to sell if you want good exposure.
    I also put some some stuff on facebook. You can look up "new and used boys consignment" (for boy stuff of course)
    Also "new and used toys,media and baby gear" and for kids clothing in general "new and used childrens boutique and consignment"
    They also have one for selling gymboree clothing if you have that. You just like the page and put your stuff up. There are a few rules like you have to tag your photos before posting and they like for you to only leave them up for 48 hrs at a time Not sure why because you can re post them. If you look to the left side the info is there for the rules. Good luck!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I'm worried about the fees. I know I will have to set up a PayPal account, and I don't know if that is really worth it considering I'm not asking too too much for my stuff! Thanks ladies!
    supermama86

Comment by supermama86 (original poster) at 2:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Yes. I've sold on eBay since 2005! I've had maybe three people that have not paid me since that time. Right now, I currently only use the Buy It Now feature though to prevent nonpayment. LOL! But, yes, I always recommend eBay. It's so easy and quick. If you are needing more information as to how it works, all your questions can be answered by looking under the Community tab at the top right hand corner. Read everything you can in the Answer Center and the Discussion Forums.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I'm an ebay seller with 12 years under my belt and I finally stopped selling on there completely. Lately with the slack rules for buyers, many are leaving you neutral or negative feedback (to which you can't do the same) or they file claims, or tell you it came broken and they want to keep it and be refunded (uh-huh, yeah sure). And yes fees recently increased yet again. For larger ticket items I may put things on ebay because yes you can't beat the exposure, but I'm primarily selling on craigslist, it's free....and if someone buys something you can meet in a neutral location.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2011