Is there an OTC way to reduce the appearance of stretch marks?

It can be a homemade remedy or store bought. I am trying to avoid going and getting these suckers zapped. :o)

supermama86

Asked by supermama86 at 2:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Theres Mederma..its the top rated otc cream. What ever you do DO NOT try Celtrixa..i used to work for that company..I hardly works and alot of people tend to be allergic to it..also it is redonkulously (shreck 4) over priced. They say 30 day free trial but once you miss one day you are automatically billed the full price and its anywhere from $120.00 - $200.00 +, depending on how good the sales girl was when she sold it to you.
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 2:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I had laser surgery (for a tattoo) and they were talking about how lasers remove stretch marks and the dr said she could prescribe "retin-a" which was i think 50-70 dollars a tube this was 10 years ago now, i see "retinol" products and my guess is that its the same stuff. One dr recommended mineral oil to rub on my belly. Good luck
    lovemykids916

Answer by lovemykids916 at 3:42 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• An old-fashioned remedy is to rub cocoa butter on them. You can also try googling "Nature's Beauty Secrets/Dawn Gallagher" and ask this top model who researched and traveled all over the world for the best suggestions and ideas for obtaining beauty from the inside out in natural ways. You can also find her on FaceBook.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 11:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2011