Potty training regression :(

My 26 month old DD was doing great all week long. No daytime accidents at all. Told us wheshe had to go, enjoyed flushing, she was doing great. Now, BAM, she has no interest in using the toilet anymore. WTH? Nothing changed, except daddy isnt working, but even after work, when he was home, he would take her to the bathroom as well. So he is vy involved in her potty training. What gives? I know 2 is young, but she is very advanced for her age, and this was right around where she is mentally. Do I just wait a week and try again?
Damn. And I thought we were out of diapers. Plus side, we still have diapers to use stocked up... Sigh...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• im potty training my 2 yr old girl also..i feel that she is advanced as well, and she was the one who initiated the whole thing anyway, but this has happened to me a couple times so far and i just keep doing it..just go back to asking her every 30 mins, and after a while make her try to go and then reward her if she does...if you put her back in diapers it just tells her that its ok and all she has to do is show a little resistance and she will get a diaper..just keep on it..i know it gets very frustrating, especially with the accidents, but in the end you will be glad that you kept with it...you will feel within yourself what the best thing to do is..and just make sure you reward her when she goes, it dosnt have to be candy or junk, but just get really excited and show her its a great thing, reassure her..i get really goofy sometimes and dance and everything and she gets excited too and it makes it more fun than anything..GL!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 3:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My son had the same issue. I discovered that he wouldn't tell me or want to go if he was having too much fun. He just didn't want to stop having fun.
    LilLegs

Answer by LilLegs at 3:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• It's TOTALLY NORMAL to have a regression like this. As you said, she's still pretty young for potty-training, so just relax and let her set the pace. Stressing about it is a really bad idea (I know, I made that mistake with my first and it was just unnecessary stress all round!)
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• just begin to take her every 30 min again til she gets back on track. Last month my two yr old regressed when we went and visited his uncle. It took 2 weeks to get him back on track but now we are having troubles with him holding his poop in :/
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 4, 2011