Do you ever feel like your playing house and are going to wake up one day to find it was all a dream?

I am 18. Have been married since February and have a 14 month old baby girl. I went to the store the other day and saw 3 different people that I went to school with. Some of them were with their husband and new baby or just with their baby. I feel weird because I am married and everything. Is this normal? Did any of you ever get that feeling with your first baby or after being married. I hope I'm not crazy!

carinsmommy

Asked by carinsmommy at 12:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• I have felt this way many times. I too was married young and had a baby young. I am/was the first of ALL my friends to settle down. Now they are all just starting to catch up. It gets better.
    shanzing23

Answer by shanzing23 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• it is a bit surreal and its a huge change that u have to get used to. it takes a bit of time, but even now i find it weird (even though im proud to say it) that i have been married for almost 5 years, and im 23 and im expecting our 3rd kid. its like im 23 u know? most 23 yr olds are out on the party scene! lol.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I think we all go through that... You are very lucky indeed.. Be proud.. Be Happy. Cherish every day.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Don't worry you're not crazy, I feel like that alot and I'm 21 been married almost 5 years and I have a two year old and an infant. I was just feeling that way yesterday, and wondered if I was the only one. So it was a neat thing to find your question.
    sweetdawn9505

Answer by sweetdawn9505 at 7:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I am 30 and I have been with my husband for 10 years. We have three kids. I do feel that way sometimes. Trapped almost... But then I get all dressed up and go to the club and look around at all the young lonely people there trying to find something as good as what I already have, and then I rememeber why I love my DH and our family and situation so much.
    ericanow

Answer by ericanow at 2:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• My daughter is 4 months old and I still look at her and am so amazed that I am a mommy. I laid in bed with her this morning and just kept staring at her because it just amazes me sometimes that she is apart of me. It is still really weird to have a kid. As for being with my DF, that seems really natural to me.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 3:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I got married young (18 years old) and had my first child by 20. I think you wake up one day and realize that this is actually your life. This is what you were meant to do. The puzzle will put itself together. It can't be considered playing house when you love each other.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 10:53 AM on Jul. 14, 2008