Im never going to be able to sleep again

About 5 months ago we got new neighbors. They're SLOBS. Their yards are messy and full of garbage, their house is always dirty...... ugh! I was getting ready for bed when I looked over and saw a huge roach walking across my clean sheets. I flipped the hell out. I've NEVER lived in a home that had roaches. I keep a clean house. I just dusted, washed my sheets and vacuumed on Thursday!... I've cleaned my whole room and bathroom top to bottom in the last 3 hours. It's now 1am and I still refuse to get into my bed. WTheck am I going to dooo? Im like having a panic attack!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Hmm , Gross .Well if you havent seen anymore your probably fine , unless you didnt kill it . Hope i helped (:
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 4:24 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• there are certain codes and regulations especially in town, you should be able to call and talk to someone from the city and let them know whats going on. I knew a guy whos dad had a yard full of clutter and the city gave him so much time to clean it up or they were going to condemn the house

DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 4:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• JUST WASH YOUR SHEETS APRAY LYSOL AND MAYBE YOU WILL FEEL BETTER.. OH AND THEN GET A EXTERMINATOR.
    lucinacruz

Answer by lucinacruz at 5:05 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Do we live in the same subdivision? I have neighbors that sound just like yours!!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• get the raid stuff that is suppose to keep bug out of the house and spray all around the outside of you house.....then call code enforcement and report them ....all city/towns have code standards at least for the front of you house......i have two slops on my block (one i share a backyard fence with) and code enforcement makes them keep the front looking good at least..
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• well, i've seen roaches a lot of places, just remember they don't hang out only in places where it's dirty, so they are just like any other bug you would find!

i would just check the whole bed before i go to sleep at night.

if it's really bad, you could even go through desensitization therapy. GL mama!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Aww that sucks. I would be just like you.
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 1:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• EWWWW!!! That's nasty!
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 2:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Are you sure it was not an American cockroach (also known as water bugs)? They are HUGE and we've found a couple dead ones in the house but they tend to stick to outside and will only come in in search of food or water. Even then they do not spread like the German cockroaches that are much smaller and tend to infest houses. We sprayed all around the house and haven't seen anymore - they were on our porch at the time we sprayed.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I live in an area where American cockroaches are common. Even though we have a clean home AND pest control, they sometimes get in. I HATE roaches! The first thing I would have done would be to find something to kill that thing. Next I would change my sheets. Then if you rent, I would ask them to get pest control out to your place. But you can't prove where ONE roach came from. If you had an infestation coming through the walls, you could point the finger at your neighbor, but one roach as nasty as it is, can get in. They can make their bodies as thin as a sheet of paper and slide in anywhere.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2011