When did you start toliet training ?

I have an 18 mth old daughter .. just curious to when people started toliet training.

Nicole_Anne

Asked by Nicole_Anne at 4:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• WHEN HE WAS 15 MONTHS OLD. BUT EVERYBODY IS DIFFERENT THOUGH.
    lucinacruz

Answer by lucinacruz at 4:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Julia was 14 months to the day. But like lucinacruz says every1 is different - girls usually earlier and quicker than boys so I'm told.
    stace101

Answer by stace101 at 6:08 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My son was 2 when we started, completely trained (including night time) by the time he was 2 1/2. My daughter was 13 months when we started and completely trained by 16 months. All kids are different, when they show interest (following you to the bathroom, pulling at their diaper when it's wet, etc) they are ready to start. It's really easy if you have been changing their diaper as soon as it gets wet or soiled.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:43 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• We introduced the little potty around18 months so it wouldn't be too new when we did start. He had no interest until he was about 2 1/2 so I ended up potty training him when his sister was only a month old. You just have to look at the signals they are giving and go off of that.
    Fairierose81

Answer by Fairierose81 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I introduced the potty at two, but she did it on her own at 2 1/2 when she wanted to. I was told to just expose her and wait for her to be interested. That advice worked and saved me some frustration!
    Lauren1117

Answer by Lauren1117 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2011