What types of activities are your kids involved in?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 6:30 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• My daughter (who is 4) is in ballet. She'll be doing ballet and tap starting in September.
    elliesmum06

Answer by elliesmum06 at 6:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Nothing yet.When we have the money,I want to try them in soccer,dancing or karate....right now they are 2&3 years old
    Jeswife44

Answer by Jeswife44 at 7:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• my dd, who is 4, almost 5, is taking tang soo do (martial arts)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My children are 14, 12 and 9. They all play soccer and swim..the oldest does acting and singing..the middle one does art lessons and trumpet and the baby tried dancing although has changed to the piano. This year my oldest started playing Ultimate Frisbee with his school and the youngest played softball for the first time and the middle one does yo-yo classes.

We have even tried basketball and baseball although neither of those sports stuck. I think it is best to let your children try different things until they find what they like. I also think that kids can do to much so I let them decide each season if they are playing a sport or not. If they join a team they have to stick with it for the whole season.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My son is four and has been involved with soccer, ballet, and basketball. We also do triathalons at the local Y for youth in his age group. Plus Y swimming. At five we add Karate..
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My youngest is the only one left at home, they others are grown now. She's in 4-H which offers a lot of different things, especially camps over the summer. She played T Ball a couple of years ago, but didn't want to play softball. We just talked about what else to do come fall time, she may want to do Karate, but she doesn't want to do Girl Scouts or dance. I'm trying to find some other things but living way out here in the country is hard.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My twins play soccer and basketball, one plays the clarinet and the other plays the oboe. Next year they will sing in the school choir as well. They're also doing swimming lessons this summer as is my three year old. My three year old is also itching to be on a soccer team so I have signed him up for that in the fall when he will be four.
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 2:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2011