How crazy / hard would it be to move with a 3 month baby?

DH and I are thinking about moving 7 hours away (closer to my family) about 3 months after our first baby is born. Anyone else ever done that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is no harder then then having any age child and moving.

Answer by louise2 at 7:43 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• are you asking about the moving or about the 7hr trip? It depends on how content your baby is
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I moved from VA ta CA with 5 kids in the car and they were 8-7-5 and twins that were 6 weeks old. Just be organized and prepared and remember a 7 hour trip for a baby will turn into about a 12 hour trip. You need to stop every so often and take him out of the car seat for about 20 minutes or you and the little one will both be miserable when you get there. Remember at the end of the trip it will be worth it and you'll have your family there to help. Look at it as an adventure and not a trial and you'll enjoy it alot more. Take pics and save them in a book for the LO for when he or she is older it will make a great story!  Good Luck!!!!

starfire59

Answer by starfire59 at 8:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• We moved from CT to FL when my son was 3 months old. It was a little stressful but we managed.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:51 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Just want to add that I recently moved 15 miles away with my 4 yr old and 2 yr old and THAT was way more stressful.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• With a 3 month old, you've got it easy! haha They sleep, eat, potty, giggle, and look cute! lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• It's not too bad. I've drove 12 hours with a 2 week old, done a 17 hour drive with a 4 month old, moved about 7 hours with a 4 month old and a 2 year old... All by myself.

Moving with a baby is easy, it's moving with toddlers and older kids that's more difficult.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• it can be done! i moved when my son was nearly 4 months old. at 3 months he'll probably sleep the whole time, just make sure you have everything ready to feed/change him
    angela.bouchard

Answer by angela.bouchard at 2:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2011