How far would you go to protect your kid?

if you knew that your kid lied about something how far would you take it if you knew that it could ruin another kids life? Would you keep it going or would the guilt get to you?

I couldn't do it, I would find a way out of the situation. I couldn't live with myself if i knew i helped destroy someones life.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 7:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• sounds to me like someone did take advantage of her, but not your son. She is pushing blame on him because she's scared to tell who it really is
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• If this was the case were your son was telling everybody that he is NOT the father of the baby his girlfriend is going to have. Making the lives of both families miserable. This case merits for you to intervene. This is just an example. What is the issue on hand?
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 7:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• sexual assault, he is being accused of this and her stories do not add up and we believe the Mom knows the truth and isn't saying anything because she is protecting her daughter because she knows if the truth is told her daughter can be in trouble for filing a false report.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 7:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• How old is your son and the female he suppose to have sexually assaulted?

Answer by louise2 at 7:40 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• 16 and she is 12
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 7:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• If you know deep down inside that he is innocent,then I would defend him to the end but I would also have a nice chat with him about being 16 and how it's not cool hanging around 12 year old's either....unless she lied about her age or looked older (we all know kids like that-who look a lot older than their age) Good luck! Let us know how it turns out
    Jeswife44

Answer by Jeswife44 at 7:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I would like to add that she is claiming this happened 2 yrs ago, and my son was best friends with her brother so he was around them all quite often. and one of the incidents she gave to the PD she says my younger son was there and my son says they were never at the park with just her, i questioned my younger son and he says that her brother was always there and when they were there that he was the one that played with her and my son and her brother kinda did thier own thing.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 7:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• thats what we wondered as well. she also said it was anal sex, that doesn't make much sense to me, because first of all my son has said for yrs that he is still a virgin and even if he wasn't and did this how many boys would do anal sex for thier first time?
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 7:55 AM on Jul. 3, 2011