How do you stop from getting shaving bumps?

my bikini area looks like it has chicken pox.. :( what can I use to stop this from happening? any natural remedies.. I have heard of that coochy lotion stuff they sell @ condoms galore.. but its too expensive.. I was wondering if there are any natural fixes :) thanks ladies

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 7:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I used Coochy from Tasteful Treasures and it worked for me. I also get it really bad on my entire leg area. It's called folliculitis, when the hair follicle is prone to infection. You need a TT consultant to get the product &my consultant is the best. I will try OrGano Gold Green Tea bags &see if it works. I've got some prime real estate to try it on too. Aside from that I started getting laser hair removal thru American Laser Centers. It has helped a LOT! Financing isn't as bad as I thought it would be too.

I represent OrGano Gold. We are the only 100% Certified Organic Ganoderma Company on the planet &we're rapidly expanding. Ganoderma has been linked to many health benefits. Just google "GANODERMA" + your health concern, see what pops up. When I did it was an overwhelming amount of cool information. Everyone at my daughter's school was coming down with the stomach flu & I didn't bc I drank our Green Tea all day long.
    Beccasbeautybiz

Answer by Beccasbeautybiz at 8:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Let the area breathe and only put aloe based products in the sensitve area. Are you shaving in the same direction of the hair folicles? If not, you will get a pretty bad razorburn. I suggest waxing...it lasts longer and no bumps! win win!!!!
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 8:22 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• if u put a dab of diaper rash cream on it wrks miracles i NEVER have bumps :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Coochy didn't work for me, and after comparing the ingredients in it I found that it was almost the exact same thing as hair conditioner. So if you want a cheaper alternative to Coochy, buy some Suave hair conditioner and use that. Coochy has no aloe in it either.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 10:45 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Use Renew lotion on the red bumps - they will clear up right away - and to prevent them in the future try putting a little Melaleuca oil on your razor before you shave.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I haven't tried this myself yet (but I will later, so maybe I'll come back and update), but I've heard that witch hazel helps a lot. I've used Coochie and some other kind like it, and Bikini Zone for almost two years and it's helped a lot for me. I've even tried using conditioners of all kinds and none of them worked as well as the shave gels/creams specifically for bikini area. Also make sure that you're using a fresh blade, and try to shave in the direction of hair growth. Oh and keeping the area clean, moisturized but dry (as in using an aloe gel or something, but not letting it stay damp like after a shower) and using an acne scrub or wash can help a lot as well. Or using something like Cetaphil anti-bacterial bar. That helps clear the bumps up by flushing out dirt, removing dead skin and stuff like that.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:30 AM on Jul. 5, 2011