How much should I expect to spend for a cruise or resort vacation?

My husband and I have not yet been able to go on a big vacation since we've been together (over 3 years) because we got pregnant early and have been saving for a house. We are moving into a house (to rent and continue to save for our own house) in September and I've really been thinking about starting to save for a big vacation for just the 2 of us while our son is still little (he's 2). I have been on a cruise (when I was 14 with my family) and to a private resort in Punta Cana (when I was 18 with my parents) and both were AWESOME vacations. Since I wasn't involved in the planning I was curious as to how much I should expect to save before planning such a vacation, and I plan on spending cash either way (the best vacation is the one that doesn't follow you home---with the bills!)... any ball park figures?

1st_time_mom23

Asked by 1st_time_mom23 at 8:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Travel

• It really depends on a lot of factors. You might try going to the vacation websites and just entering in possibilities (# of nights, room category, flights, etc).
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• For 2 people I'd say at least $3000
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My sister and her family are going on a cruise. I hope they have enough money.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2011