Is the relationship over if I get jealous over my boyfriend's kids?

I don't know what to do I've tried to accept his kids. I just can't. I feel like a bad person it ain't the kids fault.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Is there a reason why you can't accept them? I doubt the relationship is going to work if you can't accept them.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I personally couldn't be in a relationship with someone who couldn't accept my kids. It's not fair to the kids and it will definitely cause tension between you and your boyfriend. If it's not something you can do, then it might be best to move on.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I have never been with a guy with kids he has 5 kids and they rang from newborn to 11 years old. i have a child myself and i don't know what it is. I just get jealous and I know I shouldn't because those are his kids.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• He accepts my daughter and my daughter's dad isn't in her life for some reasons and I got so upset he started showing affection towards one of his kids and not me or my daughter.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• If you're getting jealous over his children, it's your personality that's over. You need to figure out what's missing in you that you get jealous of children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I want to develop a relationship with his children, i even dream of it. I just don't know what the heck is wrong with me! It is so fraustrating
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Maybe take each kid out for one on one time, getting to know each of them. Maybe having all five around at once is overwhilming you.
    If you can get a nitch or find something in common with each of them.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Am i a bad person because of this?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2011