How to deal with jail-bait's lustful looks.....

DH's friend has a son who is 14, don't get me wrong he is a nice kid but the problem is he looks 18! I finally understand where men come from when they say they didn't know the girl was underage! .

-anyway-
because of his age this poor kid hasn't figured out how to enjoy a sight with just his eyes and not his entire body. That being said I am very uncomfy with being his object of lustful looks this summer while he is visiting his father.

I've tried to ignore it and I've taken to calling him jail-bait instead of his name but short of dressing like an eskimo what can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• calling him jail bait is probably flattering to him.... you are basically saying you think of him like that except his age scares you.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• If you can't avoid being around him, throw in a few comments about being old enough to be his mother, aunt, etc. Maybe that will help him to realize he is being inappropriate.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I wouldn't call him jailbait. That's a compliment. I wouldn't talk about being old enough to be his mother either. He doesn't care. Maybe talk about your husband a lot? When weird older guys creep on me, that's what i do. Works like a charm.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 9:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• avoid being around him, if it makes you uncomfortable. if he says or does anything inappropriate, talk to his father.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• He's fourteen, he doesn't know...and how is he supposed to learn if the adults around him don't talk to him about it? Talk to his Dad and ask him to have a 'man-to-man' about it with him. Get Dad to understand that Jr. needs to learn that he is making women uncomfortable and he needs to explain about how to flatter women with attention instead of weird them out.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Don't hang out with his dad when he has the kid. Stop calling him "jailbait" because it makes it sound like you are attracted to him in return. I would tell him that he is making you really uncomfortable. I would just say that he needs to stop looking at you that way because the feeling isn't mutual and it is inappropriate. Your other option is to ignore it and walk away when it happens. You shouldn't dress like an Eskimo, but if it is possible, you might want to utilize cover ups for your bathing suit or wear less sexy clothing. Unfortunately, I am sure you are aware that guys can find a burlap sack sexy.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 11:20 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I call him jailbait because I am twice his age and it was my way of letting him know that I don't see him as an adult.. No one else cares, they make fun of him and joke with him about it all. I don't see him often than gosh but he is a friend's son so i can't avoid seeing him. Biggest problem is today is a pool party and I'm not sure what to do other than show up and leave as quick as I can... sucks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I understand your reasoning for calling him jailbait but I agree with the other moms that he probably thinks of it as a compliment and that you would be into him if it wasnt for his age so that would be the first thing I stopped doing. As far as the other stuff goes you might not be able to keep from seeing him completely since he's your son's friend but you can definatly keep from being alone with him and you can limit your contact. Good luck with that mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2011