How long does your baby go without a bottle in the night? (how old are they?)

Trying to see when sleeping through the night happens.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son eats once at like 11pm and then at like 4am and he is 10 months old
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Mine eats at about 7 and goes to bed at 8. He gets up at about 6 and eats then goes to bed for another hour or two. he's 7 months. All babies are different though. Mine used to sleep from 10-10 without waking at about 8 weeks. He kept that up until he was 4 months old and then he started waking every few hours. I gave him some cereal and he went to this new routine and stuck with it.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 9:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Kit, how often or when do you give cereal and what amount?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Mine was sleeping 5 hours right off the bat as a newborn, at 2 weeks she was sleeping 8 hours and at 12 weeks 12 hours. Mine was just a good sleeper from birth and we got very lucky.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:05 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• You feed them their bottle first and then let them have as much as they want. Mine is older now and eats most foods... Probably a jar and a half at every meal so 3 times a day. If you're just starting then begin with rice (or an avocado pureed) and make a teaspoon or two. They may just push it out of their mouth until they understand. Don't try to make them "finish" a portion. When they're full they'll stop.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 10:08 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My twins didn't take bottles as I nursed them both. DS2 slept through the night at 6 - 8 weeks and DS1 at 12 months. DS1 was very distracted when feeding and I felt he didn't get enough during the day and needed to eat at night.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• It depends on the baby. My girls both slept 5-6 hours from the day we came home from the hospital. My son didn't.

My youngest DD is 4 weeks old and is sleeping 6-8 hours at night between nursings.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• my son is 11 months will sleep from 7pm-11pm (that's when his dad leaves so he wakes up to the shower) then goes back to sleep until 8 am.
    angela.bouchard

Answer by angela.bouchard at 2:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Be aware... sleeping thorugh the night and nighttiome feeding generally are two different kettles of fish. A night weaned child can STILL wake.

Five hours straight is considered sleeping through the night.

Dont' expect dusk to dawn in year one. It CAN happoen.. dont' expect it. And don't expect you will ever sleep a full night again in your life... so my mom advised and as always, she was right... mine is 12 years old and I only get eight hours when I'm deathly ill. I don't really recommend sickness as a way to get sleep!

Answer by gdiamante at 6:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• my son is 9 months old. He has a bottle around 8pm and then doesn't take one again until sometime between 7-8 am. He doesn't take a bottle at night but he still wakes up at least once wanting his passy. We also co-sleep because he refuses to sleep in his crib.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 5, 2011