If you have PCOS what were the first steps your doctor told you to take when TTC? adult content

My DH and I have been TTC for about 6 months. I was diagnosed with PCOS 11 years ago and was on BC for the majority of that time since I was not TTC. I have had bloodwork done and a U/S, and I have appointments with my GYN's Physician's Assistant (there are only a few GYN's in our area and no OB-GYNs at all) on 07/01/11, but she has been a bit flighty on answers about infertility. I also have an appointment with the actual GYN at the end of this month. My SIL is an OB-GYN in another state, and she has told me what she usually does with PCOS patients, but it doesn't seem to be the same route my Physician's Assistant is taking. What have other PCOS patients had to do as their first steps? I'm just so anxious, I'd like to know a bit more about what to expect.

MrsB0311

Asked by MrsB0311 at 9:30 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I have a friend who took clomid when she was TTC with PCOS. I've also heard that metformin helped others.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I went to a fertility specialist once diagnosed with PCOS and the first step was to try and lose 20% body weight and start taking metformin to help speed up the process. At the same time, you have to try and figure out what is causing the issue so an HSG test was done which showed one of my fallopian tubes blocked. Progesterone was taken to get periods started and Clomid was given to see if it would help make my eggs larger. That did not help so the next step was Bravelle and a slew of other prescriptions and 6 months + several, several thousand dollars later I concieved....It is a blur, really!!!!
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 9:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2011