Blueberry help?

I bought blueberries yesterday and just found out that they're WAY too tart. My DS spit them out and that never happens. Then I tried one and YIKES! My face almost caved in on itself.

Is there a way to make tart berries sweet besides adding sugar? If I let them sit for awhile, will they get sweeter?

Y.B.normal

Asked by Y.B.normal at 9:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• smoothies or using them in baking(blue berry muffins with tart berries are good!)... setting them in the sun for a day *might* help but blue berries can be tricky.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Mix them with other fruits, honey, milk, juice concentrate and you can make a good smoothie. The honey and other frozen fruits will absorb the tartness. Especially if you add a banana.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• eek no you can't change the taste, but you can return them and get a new box! maybe even for free..
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• make smoothies or muffins or a cake they were picked too soon and weren't allowed to ripen depending on where you bought them you may be able to return them for a new box; look for ones that are bigger in size they seem to be sweeter
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2011