How soon will i know what im having??

I'm 4 months well I'm not sure if I'm even 4 months cause I'm 13 weeks
but anyway how soon will i know what I'm having?? but on my app for my ipod says im in my secound trimester so i thought that i  was 4 months....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Lala1NOnly

Asked by Lala1NOnly at 10:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Most people don't find out until the anatomy screen @ 18-20 weeks. 13 weeks is 3 months and 1 week.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Normally 20 weeks.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• When it's born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I am not sure of how far along you can be before you can see, but some doctors wont even attempt to tell you until 20 weeks. I didn't find out until 8 months with my first (not sure of the weeks) that was becasue she wouldn't let us see lol. But my second and with this one my doctor didn't tell me until 20 weeks and I had ultrasounds prier to that as well and he stil didn't tell me
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Usually at the 20 week ultrasound. That's what I've had for all 4 of my pregnancies.
    Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 10:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• actually you are 3 months and 1 week along.. every 4 weeks is a month in pregnancy..

you typically will get an Ultrasound around 18 weeks and by then they can tell you what they think the sex of the baby is.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:51 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• they don't like to guess before then because at times their genitals are fully developed at you may not guess correctly.. so around 16-18 weeks is when they develop and are easy to determine the sex without a lot of maybes.. lol.

BUT it depends on the baby too, some babies like to be camera shy, lol.. my first there was no question, she was a girl.. my second didn't want to show her privates, so we only had a quick glance before she moved again.. she guessed a girl.. you'll notice when they are more comfortable in their guesses.. with my first she said, "it's a girl".. with my second she admitted upfront how difficult it was to even get that glance and even then she said she was only 60% sure it was a girl.. it wasn't until I had an ultra sound at 8 months to check my fluid levels that we were able to get a better look and she could say for sure girl. (she couldn't move away so fast at 8 months lol)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:56 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I like to avoid unnecessary interventions, so with my pregnancies: at the deliveries.
    :-)

If you are having an ultrasound perhaps after 17 weeks, probably before 23.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I found out at 17 weeks but only guarantee is when it comes out
    HoldFast86

Answer by HoldFast86 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• thanks for all you girls help i thought that i was 4 months already i know that eve 4 weeks is a month i guess im just hoping to know sooner then later because i want to start shopping already lols i guess you all would know how that go...
    anyway like i said thanks for the help means alot talk to you girls later ....
    Lala1NOnly

Comment by Lala1NOnly (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Jul. 4, 2011