Why can't I post a youtube video in a group

I have been trying to post a couple of youtube videos in my groups, but it keeps telling me I am not using the correct URL, yet it is exactly as it is on embed code? I click on post video, paste URL code from youtube site and get error msg~has something changed on CM that we are not able to do this any longer? I was able to post it on my profile page! really would like to share some holiday videos with my friends
thank you

horsnaround50

Asked by horsnaround50 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in About CafeMom

• What is the url? I will try to post it too and see if I can figure out what is going on.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• The embed code is wrong on youtube.,
    Just use the link in the browser.
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 11:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Well, it's not wrong but they changed it and I don't think CM recognizes it yet.
    It used to be youtube.com/randomness and now it's youtu.be/randomness
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 11:08 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• There is a link on YouTube to get the original format code, or you can copy it directly from the top bar of your browser instead of using their share link. When you go to a .be address it still appears as a .com in your browser.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I was trying to post Billy Ray Cyrus' All Gave Some, Some Gave All video, but it won't let me post in groups, but I can post it on my profile under the youtube widget
    horsnaround50

Comment by horsnaround50 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2011