What do you think the Republican's strategy is for getting Obama out of office?

Because it seems to me like they are purposely not making a decision about the budget just to let him fail and derail his career. All they're doing is stalling for time so that the closer election gets the harder it will be for him to recover from this crisis and get us back on the right path.

What would you say if the Republicans were purposely not taking any action on our nation's debt just to get Obama out of the White House?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 11:00 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I dunno. Didn't the Democrats use Bush's record as a strategy?
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Exactly. So I don't think they would use his record as a strategy. It seems to me they're using his own job against him just so he can fail. That's just my thinking. If they would take action and come to an agreement instead of using us as their pawn to win the White House, than maybe I'll think about listening to their candidates policies and what they plan on doing for us.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• i think the same thing they are playing the waiting game and trying to se his job against him. And i agree about bush serving his term but i also think this goes along with what i thought all along, that bush created such havoc that no matter who came into office they were going to be the scapegoat for bad canidacy (sp?) b/c there wouldn't be enough time to address all the problems therefore making them look bad.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:14 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• @amber

Not only that, but he probably wanted the Republicans to regain power in Congress...knowing that everyone would be voting Democrat. So That's why things are as shitty s they are. Don't you just love the Government? Isn't it time the people take back control of this country?
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I think he's done a good job at failing already. His immature bull about making decisions all on his own, not signing things unless it's all HIS way, going against not only Republicans and the Tea Party, but his own Democrats and spending the last couple of years telling the citizens don't really know what they want or need, but he does. He's narcissistic and that is a really bad trait in someone. He's done nothing he's promised. He swore he wouldn't fine people for not buying his health care, now you don't just get fined but sent to jail. His tripled the debt. I've lived through quite a few presidents and he's the worst one. Yes, including Carter.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• imoqine yes i wholeheartedly do
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:21 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• whatever happend to "by the people for the people"?
    amberpaiz

• Honestly? I think Obama is going to be the reason he doesn't get a second term. He's his own downfall. He's a people pleaser, and a panderer. Once his Mtv music video campaign was over, and the country saw that he is simply a human being like the rest of us, they quickly became disenfranchised with him. He's a fantastic public speaker, but that does not a good president make.

It has nothing to do with the Republicans, or the budget. Republicans are holding out on the budget, because they disagree with what is being offered. I can't say that I blame them! I think a lot of things are being glossed over, and I think the country is being fed lies in hopes of rallying the "little people" against the big, bad rich people. I hate to break it to the country, but $200,000/$250,000 is NOT rich.
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I actually agree with you Mom2theboy. I think he is a people pleaser. He needs to have more balls to stand up for his rights.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• imogine: obama already failed as far as the economy goes when he signed that stimulus doubling the nations debt. He's already created more debt than any other president. so really, its more about are the republicians stalling because they don't want MORE debt created by him in the end, or is this just a political game where no one is going to agree because everyone just LOVES playing the political game.

regardless of if it's just a game or not, are just the reps to blame? Or are you seeing both sides of error on why compromise can't be made?
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2011