What would make a good present for a 19 yo boy.

What do I get my 19 yo SS. I got the 18 yo drawing paper and pencils and oil pastels cause he's an awesome artist. I got the 27 yo a book about getting out of debt cause he needs all the help he can get. Each present cost around $15. But I can't think of anything for the 19 yo! Not a gift certificate and not food. And I don't have a clue what he likes - well beer and music and expensive toys for his truck!

tristansmom74

Asked by tristansmom74 at 10:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Shopping

• Yes, I agree with Carolyn about the book. I would find something else for the 27 y/o because that is kind of mean for a gift. Every guy I know (guy is what they prefer to be called after the age of 12, not boy... don't let any of the three of them hear you call them boys) would consider it extremely emasculating to have their nose rubbed in their mistake, especially in gift-form that will be opened in front of the entire family. I can guarantee that he knows he did something wrong, the holidays are not the time to remind him of it. You could give him the book at a later time as a "thinking of you" gift. As for the 19 y/o buy something cool for his truck, and maybe ask his brother to help pick out something he'd like.

LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 2:31 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• movies?
    sillymommy1206

Answer by sillymommy1206 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I hope the book about getting out of debt will be recieved well....my SO's grandmother sent him an article in the mail about debt and all it did was piss him off and make her look like a busy body....

Too bad you said no gift certificates, I was gonna say a gas card for his truck.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I work at Aeropostale and right now all the clearance clothing is 70% off the lowest ticketed price. There are some GREAT shirts (long and short sleeves) that are ringing up anwhere from $4 - $7.50, there are some great bargains, and at those prices you could get him 2-3 and still keep the spending "even".
    praisinghim2day

Answer by praisinghim2day at 10:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Thanks girls those are good. I like the idea of the gas card but since I only want to spend $15 that won't go far on a deisel.
    tristansmom74

Answer by tristansmom74 at 8:16 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Maybe a new gear shift knob? or some mud flaps? or seat covers? or mats for the inside?
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 12:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I would say either a car, or ps3. All of which would make him the talk of the town.
    cmw1612

Answer by cmw1612 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2008