Anyone already stressing about christmas?

i just realized we only have 10 pay periods til christmas and it totally freaked me out!! last year was a struggle with my hubby deploying and some medical bills that sprung up. i tried my best but vowed to make this year better. Anyone start planning christmas early like me?

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 11:11 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Holidays

• Not only do I have xmas in december but my 2 dds and I have our birthdays within the same week in december and I'm due to have my 3rd Nov 1 so yeah... I started really early. I have about 4 gifts each right now, which is no where near where I need to be. I'd like to be nearly done by the time the baby is born.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:17 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Jesus! It's not even the 4th of July yet! Stress about one holiday at a time! Besides Christmas is s uch a big commercial anyway. If you don't have the money to buy gifts than make them.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:13 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I think it's smart to start thinking about it this early. I always start saving in the summer and making lists of ideas so I'm not putting anything on credit cards or running around trying to find things to buy (I ALWAYS buy/pay more if I don't make a well thought out plan in advance!)
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 6:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I'm not, but I can see how some might when you put it in prospective like that, lol. Just do the best you can with what you have hon. I love buying my son the moon, but if I couldn't, he would survive, and he would be fine about it. It's all about keeping that balance.
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• not so much stressing about the big extravagent gifts, just making it special. maybe i should have been more specific about the money aspect. hubby and i both come from very big families and we always try and make a effort to see or have family come and see us. and we have certain traditions that we have made and with gas prices and time crunches i have to start alerting family now about the holidays. It always seems that something falls by the wayside or b/c of money a trip or activity gets dumped off. last year it was hard b/c we had a lot of supplies to get for hubbys deplyment and so lots of things has to be ticked off the list.
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• No i don't start stressing about Christmas til after Halloween at least.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I haven't really thought about it much, but have bought something on sale here and there.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• yeah you just reminded me too mel that i have four birthdays in between as well three of my kids and my own. which could be done away with with no problem...mine not my kids i mean
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I start planning on December 26th. What's helped a lot is I joined a few sites that send you paid emails. Clicking on them makes you points which you can turn into gift cards. And if you buy anything online, they give you points through a lot of those places too, so you accumulate them faster. I also look all year for things. The kids are hard sometimes because they always have new things out just before Christmas every year or they change their minds.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Not stressing...yet, lol. I am better prepared this time because I have a Christmas account in which I have been saving! That really will help lessen the stress. My son just told me some of the things he wants for Christmas just today....lol. He is always thinking ahead.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 3, 2011