anyone's kids or grandkids really young have their tonsils out

Kalynn1962

Asked by Kalynn1962 at 10:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Health

• My granddaughter had her tonsils and adnoids out two days after she turned three. They also put tubes in both ears at the same time. They kept her overnight but she was fine. About 7 days of a rough time. It's hard to get them to drink when it hurts to swallow. She did fine and it was the best thing for her. She is no longer constantly sick. It also has 'cured' her sleep apnea so she no longer needs a CPAP at night.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I had mine out when I was six =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My youngest son had his out at 4. He bounced back so quickly that my husband jokingly asked if he'd actually had it done. :)

Answer by Bmat at 10:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Depends on what you consider "really young". I was seven!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I also wanted to add my youngest son had screwed up Dr's and they didn't take his out untiol he was 14. He had met the strictest criteria since he was 5. It was awful. The older you get the tougher it is. He lived on percocet for days. It was not pretty. It did however solve his problem. He is no longer constantly sick.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• One of my best friend's daughters just had hers out two weeks ago, she was 6.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My son had both done he would snore at night realy loud and stop breathing too,it scared me enough that I figured it should get done. After a couple days he was trying to eat some soup he was starving,well 20 mins later he started gushing blood out of his mouth not a little this was bowls full of blood I didnt even bother calling 911 I just hauled ass too the ER,his blood pressure dropped to 40 he went white as a ghost and stopped breathing a couple times,and they couldnt get in contact with the doc that did the surgery. So someone else had to operate on him again.I wont have any of the other kids done because of this incident. I almost lost my son because of this operation.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2008