Funny Bfing stories??

I think it's always good to laugh at yourself. Do you have any funny breastfeeding stories?

When dd was about 3 days old my milk came in. I was having an AWFUL time trying to get her to nurse. My boobs were so huge they hurt so bad. I had way more milk than what she was eating. i was trying to pump the extra but didn't have a pump yet, so I actaully bruised myself trying to squeeze it out. So I made an appt with a lactation consulant. We are sitting in the lactation consulant's office. I am so engorged it hurts to even have a bra on (even though it had only been 2 hours since dd had eaten). She wanted me to try to nurse in the office. So Iv'e got dd and of course as soon as I took my shirt off and put her to my chest milk starts squirting out like crazy. Not just leaking, full on squirting across the room without me even touching them. The lactaction consulant is laughing, dh is laughing, I start laughing and every time I laugh milk shoots out more. Dd is just laying there looking at us like we are all crazy trying to catch the flying milk lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• My son had thrush once.OH my gosh and it gave me thrush. the worst pain ever!! .So the Dr. said to go pick up gentain violet. (however you spell it) and put it on yourself. That will treat both of us. I was embarrassed and did not my son's Dad to know. He came in to get lunch or something and I was nursing my son. So I hid my son under my shirt hoping he would not see. Well my son was finished and he threw himself back and instantly went to sleep. His entire mouth cheeks nose everything was bright purple. You should have seen the look on his fathers face. He jumped up and lifted up my shirt..thinking my milk was coming out purple. It was so funny. (unfortunately I had to explain that one to him)
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:34 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• LOL thats priceless. After having my first daughter I was engorged 24/7 ( I have a nipple condition that makes it impossible to actually nurse,so I pumped) I litterally could pump 6 oz every hour when she was 3 months old. I came home from work and I was going to pump, but hubby was in the mood and so was I , so before my mom brought DD home, him and I decided we were going to have some love making time. We were getting into it, he was on top and my boobs hurt so bad, so I took my bra off and the milk squirted DH right in the eye. he said " why does it burn? How did you do that?" it was so funny.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2011