ALITTLE WORRIED

my 61/2 month old flaps and trembles her hands sometimes before she goes to bed I notice this if she is very tired..Is this normal? Also she bats her arms up and down when she is crying, or if something or someone scares her. Has anyone experienced this? I will talk to my pedi about this..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can talk to the doc but I don't think its anything to worry about. Shes still young so she is still trying to learn the best way to deal with things that scare her or upset her. She'll be fine!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My son does that. He's 8 months old. Its just his way of winding down...
    NewArrival

Answer by NewArrival at 10:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Babies are going to do all sorts of crazy and different things that will worry us. I'm sure she is fine. You're doing the right thing by asking the pediatrician.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• you need to have your baby screened for autism , hand flapping is a form of stemming and neuro-typical children do not stem ...
    not saying your baby has autism but it dosn't hurt to catch it at a young age, if you want to pm me and ill send you some info on autistic signs , i have two son's with it , and hand flapping is the first sign a baby shows
    rachael596

Answer by rachael596 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• It's a possibility, but not too likely. My son (3 1/2 months) hits me when he's tired, lol. He just starts swinging that arm around and doesn't care what he hits!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• She is very young but she babbles all the time, makes good eye contact, plays with all of her toys...does this sound like autism?
    Anonymous