Would you report your neighbor?

I live in texas, as everyone knows it hasn't rained here in forever. Anyhow, we live in a sub-division with its own water well. The water company sent out letters in May (I think) saying that water restrictions. My neighbors have bought swimming pools and filled them. Okay, but yesterday they emptied it and re-filled it.
I have a pool and tild my kids we could not fill it due to water restrictions. Which is hard because they see the neighbors bought a new one and filled it.
Would you report them to the water company? They have an annonomys reporting line.

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Their use of the water to fill their pool poses a possible water shortage if there is a fire. That puts everyone at risk, not just that family. They need to be reported. The safety factor is more important than their kids being able to cool off in the pool, not to mention that it's just plain selfish on their part. If the drought continues, any well is at risk of going dry, at least for a period of time. These people need to understand that, and they should figure it out before everyone ends up doing without just because they want to swim.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i rather befriend them and have my kiddos play in their pool!
    OR call the water company and ask if they could make an exception
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• How big is the pool? A small kiddie pool or a big adult size one?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I'm not sure. If they do it daily (or even once more) I might.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Yes.....It's not fair to all the others in the subdivision
    ButterNut2

Answer by ButterNut2 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Yes I would, doesn't matter how small or large the pool is.

Answer by louise2 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I might if it is excessive. We have water restriction also. The only day that it is allowable in our town anyway is on holidays. We plan on using the slip n slide tomorrow. Maybe your city has allowed it for the holiday weekend. So there is an excuse for you to call and find out. :)(if it is not to late)
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:52 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• if your in real fear of running out of water then by all means report them......but if its just a please converse letter then leave your neighbors alone and fill up you kids pool

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I would absolutely call.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:51 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I think I would. It's not right or fair to all the other neighbors who are abiding by the restrictions!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2011