In your opinion.... I'm trying to just suck it up.

I am almost 34 weeks preg. and I work full-time as a dental hygienist. I have two small girls and now I will be going to the DR. constantly. I am completely exhausted, my boby ache like none of my pregnancies before. I started bawling tonight cause I just have no energy left, and feel bad I cannot get things done. I never felt so tired in my life before. My Dr. now wants we to do Non-Stress test 2 times a week, 1 US a week till 36 weeks, then 2 US a week after that, and also see him and my endrocrinologist 1 time a week each. All this is getting so exhausting. I barely could get energy to make it through my day today nerves are fried. I feel as if I am a big baby, but I wish my DR would tell me to finish work till I go back after maturnity leave. I just feel I am not up to it, but I do not want people to think I am just being a lazy bum.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you DO NOT want to over stress your body because it will stress the baby out. My doctor told me to work until i felt i couldnt work anymore. I worked the day i went into labor...i am a dental assistant so i just stayed sitting down as much as possible but also got up and walked around al ittle bit as well so my body wouldnt get stiff. what ever you feel like your body can handel, your the one preg, no one else!! take care of yourself and that baby! the last few weeks are the worst!!
    sillymommy1206

Answer by sillymommy1206 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• You are not being a lazy bum!!! I felt the same way with my 3rd baby. And my second and third kids are only 15 months apart so Emi was only 6 months old when i found out i was pregnant with Jake. By month 9 I was totally exhausted! I did go on maternity leave very early amye around 8 months or so! I had alot going on.... 2 other kids a hubby and a dog to take care of???? How could I not be exhausted??? So don't feel lazy! You're doing the most unique and hard job on the planet.....making and raising beautiful babies! So take the extra time off if you can! And enjoy the last month of your pregancy and your other 2 babies while there are still only 2!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I appreciate it. I am to work up till Jan. 9th. Not due till Jan. 29th, but already have had some complications. My youngest is 10 months, so I got pregnant quickly after the second. OPPS. I as well went into labor with my 2nd. at work.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• You might want to talk to your dr. about if you should continue to work or not. I had nst's at least 2x a week and u/s 1x a week with first dd for the last trimester, and it was a pain. Sometimes you are there longer than others. If dr. doesn't like the way the nst is going he/she can also end up hospitalizing you. I ended up in the hospital early a few times because of the results of nst's. You aren't being a lazy bum, if you are needing nst's that often, you are probably needing more rest anyways.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 11:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Can you go on disability from work yet? I went on disability at 32 weeks, because my back was killing me from my job. Talk to your doc, and to your HR department/manager, or whomever handles the HR stuff in your office. Do some research online and find out what your rights are in your state.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:03 AM on Dec. 16, 2008