Mangoes-how to remove from pit

I decided to get a mango the other day and started slicing it. I learned from a previous experience how slippery they are when peeled; so I decided to try slicing first and then peeling. The thing is I still ended up with what seemed like a lot of fruit still attached to the pit. And if you try to grab that to shave more off-well good luck. I wondered if there is a special tool or something for dealing with mangoes. Any ideas?

confused969

Asked by confused969 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 12:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I have not idea. You may have to suffer the loss in fruit like I do. Here's a bump though.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I cut as much as possible from the pit, skin still on, and someone will just eat the rest straight off the pit. Pampered Chef makes a thing for them but I'm not terribly fond of it, I can get more off using a good sharp knife.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Go to YouTube. I learned how to cut up a pineapple on there yesterday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• run your knife around the mango pull apart and remove the pit this is what I do with peaces, plums and anything else that has a pit in the the center
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2011