Going through a divorce and have been a stay at mom home for the last 10years. Does anyone know of places that will help me with looking for work, housing,etc.

Does anyone know who I can call about places to help with woman going though a divorce like helping me get a job, housing, or even help with money since he watchs the money and only gives me so much on a credit card for gas, food,etc. Any help would be great or someone might be able to think of a place I might be missing. How do I find these places? thanks

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 12:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Go to social services and ask about programs.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• If you really need housing, look for live in nanny jobs where they will give you a free room to share in a house if you babysit their kids. Have you tried asking to live with family members or friends temporarily?

Some civic groups can help you find jobs, just google for women's career or women's support groups.

You can always work retail (at the mall, at a grocery store, at a bank, at a bookstore,etc.) I would suggest find a room to rent if you can afford to versus an apt. It's much cheaper and the landlord may be more lenient and you can explain your situation.

By the way, it's not his money - since you're married still and the divorce isn't finalized, everything's shared pretty much. He can't sue you for taking money out of a joint account. In the future, don't share accounts or make sure they're in your name only.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• i have three girls ages 9,7, and 6 that I have to find a place for as well.
    momindiana

Comment by momindiana (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• go to your local health and human services and churches will help you with rent and things also
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2011