What do you think?

Last night I went out with some friends, we met up with a guy from work and his friend. In all 3 of us work together daily at a big retail store, anyway the one guy B is a manager and he and I had talked about hanging out, so my friend R who is a gay guy that works with us( no one at work knows he is gay), another female friend and I met up with B and we went to a club. My problem is I think R might have ruined the start of a good friendship between B and I by being overly outgoing and rude at times, he kept insisting to me that B is gay and was hitting on him, even tho to me it looked like B was uncomfortable and I told R so. But anyway my question is do you think B will take how R was acting and hold it against me? B and I hung out danced and talked when R wasn't butting in and being loud, thankfully he danced a lot with my other friend, I just don't want B to quit talking to me for how R was acting. R was pretty crude at times and I think he made B feel uncomfortable more then once. Like I said B and I were just becoming friends and with him being an manager he doesn't always talk to other employees much. Also R grabbed my phone and sent B a text when we were on our way home, nothing bad but he made it sound like it was from me, I sent another saying it wasnt but who knows what B will think. I sent B a text today that said I enjoyed hanging out with him and hope he had fun and I dont plan to send him anymore texts today, I still haven't heard back from him anyway. So any Advise? I don't want to seem needy when we see each other at work and want to play it cool. I am REALLy hoping R didnt ruin this, Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I think I would just forget having an office romance with this guy period. It sounds as if the other guy might just become a little jealous and things will not work out with y'all working there together. And what happens if you and your boss would break up? Do you need to worry about being fired? Does he need to worry about you getting revenge and filing a sexual harassment suit? What kind of trouble is the other guy going to cause. Frankly that whole situation sounded a little immature to me and if I was the boss, I would have just stayed away from the both of you for fear of losing my own job.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I agree with meooma.
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 2:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• If they guy judges you from the way someone else acted, they are not worth your time.But you could say "I noticed how they spoke to you, and it bothered me"Be wary of work romances anyway.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I never said I wanted a romance I said a friendship, as in just friends, B and I have talked about that before. But thanks for your input.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2011