how can i keep my 2 yr old from constantly getting out of bed at night

i just recently moved my 2 yr old from a crib to a toddler bed. I never had any problems with her in her crib she went to sleep as soon as i put her in there and she would sleep through the night however, since i put her in her toddler bed she will get and play with toys, knock over things in her room i find myself going in there 20 times before she is a sleep. then when she is asleep she will wake up 2-3 times a night and cry for me. Now when she keeps getting up from her bed i dont yell i just simply put her in bed no words no nothing so i dont simulate her. WHat can i do differently so she goes right to bed and doesnt play around

dreaminmama

Asked by dreaminmama at 10:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i think its just a transition phase. She will just have to learn bed time is sleep time and not play time. Im sure its hard, ( i dread it) maybe read to her while she is laying in bed and it might calm her a little bit.
    Anonymous

• You're doing everything right. Just keep doing it.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• You have two choices:
    Move her back to a crib. She isn't ready for the freedom yet.
    or
    Keep doing the silent return to bed trick until she finally gets it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 16, 2008