Vacation time

I get three weeks of vacation and I have a hard time usuing it all. I've taken a few days here and there, then save a few incase one of the kids gets sick. Then I only need one day vacation when sicktime kicks in.

This year we didn't have the extra income to go on vacation, so... I've taken the entire day for dental appt. / eye exams and my sons first two football games.

And it all starts over in January with three weeks.

Am I the only one who doesn't know how to use up vacation time?

Its a use it or lose it, so I'm going to take it even if its just to sit at home alone.

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• you don't have to spend money to go out and enjoy a day or two.. you could use one just on a nice hot day to go take the kids to the beach or a park to play, or even just enjoy some sunning in the backyard. you can catch up on chores around the house, or just take a lazy day.. there are a lot of cheap things to do to.. look around online near where you live for local attractions.. hiking through the woods or whatever is free (minus gas). museums are affordable, zoos, aquariums, or even just a day to recoup from a hang over after having a sittter, lol.
    I like free for a lot of things with my family, so I try to find what is either cheap or free for my kids.. they are still so young so I hate to spend money on them if they end up hating it.. so we visit new play grounds and parks, or check out local museums.. some are as little at $3.00 admissions for local small ones..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My husband has 260 hours of vacation time right now. He can only carry over 160 hours and he earns 12 hours each month plus holiday hours. His problem is not being able to take time off because they are short staffed. By then end of the year he will have to take a month off just to stay at the 160 mark. When does take this time off he just plans to stay at home and do a few things that he wants to do.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• there are also things like putt putting.. or bowling, or even a local pool or water park (some are free, like the one in olcott near us, there is a small beach, a small section of little stores, then a park across the street with a playground and water park)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I use them sometimes to get projects done around the house while no one's home like painting and repairs. Or days alone with each kid or a special alone day for me and hubby
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 1:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• do u get paid vacation? if yes i'd take it, if no i wouldn't :)
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Sounds like staycation to me ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2011