Do you cook in the hot weather?

we try not to use our oven but we will grill or use the stove top or microwave

I didn't say anything about going out to dinner we cook on our stovetop; use our grill or microwave or have sandwiches; I just try not to use the oven when it is hot.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I know what you mean!, but in my case, since I live in Miami, it is always hot here, then I would never cook!

Answer by older at 1:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• i didnt when we lived in our apartment without a/c! my husband would either bbq or we would eat cold food like sandwiches. now that we have a/c in our house, its not a problem for me anymore :)
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 1:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I try not to use the oven. A friend of mine uses his toaster oven, but he's just cooking for one. Not three.
    The oven heats up the house & its to hot.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I try not to use my oven either....
    ZazaGoszzy

Answer by ZazaGoszzy at 1:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Yep..it's really no big deal. I still cook all my delicious oven creations!
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 12:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Yes mostly, b/c we can't really afford to eat at restaurants as much as we used to. I would rather not, and some days it is just grilled cheese and pasta salad.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• depends.. I try to grill out in the summer.. or sometimes like day slike today I try to make cold lunches like sandwiches and fruit.. or cold dinners sometimes we do sub nights (where we make our own subs) and have side salads, and fruits/and veggie like platters for a family night dinner when my parents are here. in fact I think that's what we are doing tonight for dinner is a sub night.. I have regular salad and some fruit salad we can have for sides, and stuff to make subs with, so we will prolly do that, it's easy and quick too and I have a lot of things to get organized and ready for tomorrow for the fireworks (it's an all day event in our town).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I cook but I dont use the oven all the time
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I do, but I believe that a woman should cook a home cooked meal at least ALMOST every night. Going to dinner is fun sometimes though. And a steak on the grill tastes so much better than in the oven.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• We grill a lot more - and we just got a new grill that has a side burner so I can cook something in a pan too. I don't make nearly as many soups or casseroles, but I still cook on the stove almost as much. We eat a lot more cool no-need-to-cook foods too. But I don't try to avoid cooking just because it's hot - we do have central air so cooking doesn't do too much heat-harm ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2011