How long have you known your husband, S/O?

How old were you each when you met? How old are you now?

Has your relationship changed a lot over the years?
In what ways?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• My Husband and I met online in mid-September 2004. He was 25, and I was a brand-new 18 year old, lol. Now I'm 25, and He is 32. We have both grown as individuals and as a Couple, been through a lot and came out even stronger. We first met in person/moved in Together 3 months after We met online, got Engaged a month and a half later, and Married just under 7 months after that. Celebrating 6 years of Marriage next month, and 7 years Together in December!
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 2:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Met him the end of June 2002 when I started working at the same place he was at.

He was just about to turn 40 and I was going on 30.

He is now almost 49 and Ill be 39 in November.

Yes our relationship has changed. Its grown and had several ups and lots of downs(including his current battle with terminal cancer).

All in all its been a great ride tho.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• @ Amaranth361 - i am sorry to hear about his battle with cancer, ((hugs))

I have known my husband since November 1995
    I was 18 and he was 26 / we are now 33 and 41

Our relationship changed a lot over the years, because I am an adult now. Yea I was an "adult" then, but I let him make all the decisions b/c I was just used to someone taking care of me. But now we are equal partners, I think it takes pressure off of him and we are better because of it.

We have had horrible times, great times and now I think everything is looking so far up for us. I wouldn't have done anything different.
    Bubbie0809

Comment by Bubbie0809 (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• We grew up in the same small town from grade school...so probably about 8 and 10 years old. Then we started seeing each other at 14 and 16.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Oh, and we are now 28 and 30. Honestly, we have the same personality but different responsibilities to each other now with bills and a family.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

• I met Elijah on July 9, 1999 when we were 14 years old. We started dating two weeks later on July 23, 1999. We met at our church. Since then we have gone through so much. I was raped in September 1999, and he stood by me through that. My aunt died on September 11, 2001 and he was with me through that. We got married at 18 and then got pregnant three months later. We now have five kids together and I love him even more. It has been an amazing journey and I am ready for the rest of the happy years to come.
    ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I met him July of 2006, but we didn't really start talking as friends November of that same year. I had just turned 19 and he was 25. Now I'll be 24 and he's 30. Wow I just realized we've known each other for 5 years now...lol we started dating May of 07. We both grew up so much within the past 4 years. We both used to just stay in our rooms being all gothic and depressed and never going out, then we met each other and it was like Wow there's a world out there. We've gone through so much together, him with his childhood problems haunting him and me with my health. Now, he's not so angry anymore and I'm taking care of my diabetes. We've helped each other through so much. Now we have our son and we're happier than ever. I love my husband
    ZazaGoszzy

Answer by ZazaGoszzy at 1:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I was 18 when we met he was 23.. nothing came of it. We met back up 2 years later and ended up falling in love. We are 24 (me) and 29 (him)

Our relationship has changed a lot because of different factors such as children, he re-enlisted in the marine corps.. etc

I have to say that my love for him grows every day and I don't think he can even comprehend it :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• When we met I was 22 and he just turned 28.  I'm going to be 48 soon and he is 53.  Our relationship keeps getting better with time.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I was 17 and he was 21, it was the summer of 2005. I fell for him immediately...for him it took a month to get up the courage and talk to me. I am 23 now and he is 27 (28 in October).
    Things between us have changed...we did some growing up...lol we have a 4 year old son together, the communication is not the same (we used to talk all the time, for hours on end) now its like pullin teeth to get him to have a conversation about us. We talk about everything else just fine.
    There is very few things that I would change about our relationship, I love him with all of my heart.
    hottmomma042607

Answer by hottmomma042607 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2011