How old is too old for a belly ring?

Don't give me the crap about "If a woman wants to wear it until she is 80 let her" - that is not what I am looking for.

Is it in her 30's, her 40's, surely before her 50's?

I think it is cute in your teens and maybe until your late 20's but I'm not sure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I think up until the day you have children. To me it seems like a "something I did when I was young" thing rather than a "mom" thing.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• UMM I'd say probably 25 and if you have a gut, DONT GET A BELLY BUTTON RING! soooo gross!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I took mine out when I was about 5 months pregnant (i was 29) and I never put it back in. Doesn't seem "mom like" to me. BUT!! That's just my opinion!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I'm 24 with 2 kids and plan on having 2 more. I want to get mine re-pierced (it closed up after my second)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• i dont like them on anyone at any age. but by the time your 30 i say your too old. but that's just me
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 2:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• umm, i think that as long as she wants it ... its not like she has to show it to anyone. I still have mine even after my son was born simply because it gives me pleasure to know its there, i dont share it with anyone
    bc19

Answer by bc19 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• i had one up until i got pregnant with my children and i have just recently lost a significant amount of weight and one of my treats to myself was to get mine done again. but i am 31 and i don't plan on wearing clothes that show it off. it's mpre for my and dh pleasure. so i think really at any age as long as you like it is ok. now that being said i think it also goes along whats in good taste. i dont think i would be too comfortable seeing my 90 year old granny sporting a dangly belly button ring but if i happend to see a little stud in their i would probably be impressed with this. but i have grown up around peircings and tattoos all my life
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 1:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• well.. honestly I think getting one young before kids is stupid... why? I've seen a lot of my friends that had belly rings that now have some pretty nasty scaring and stretch marks from them... they may be fit and slim, but there is NO WAY they are willing to walk around in a bikini now. thankfully I only had mine in for a couple weeks, not long enough to leave any permanent scarring.

after you're done having kids. if your fit and slim, go for it.. I don't care if your over 50 or even 80, if you have the figure and the look go for it!... take Brooke Burke(36) could pull it off, Cindy Crawford (41), Elle MacPherson(44), Kim Basinger(53), Sela Ward
    Age: 53, Olivia Newton-John Age: 61, Kim Cattrall Age: 53, etc
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I'd say up until you have children or up until your stomache isnt flat!
    XOHilary

Answer by XOHilary at 4:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2011