23 weeks pregnant...and flying

I am super nervous I leave in a couple days to go back east to see some family and attend a memorial service for my grandma who just passed. This is my first pregnancy and it has been really great and healthy so far no problems what so ever...But I have never flown while pregnant and I am so nervous. I know all the details of what to do, lots of fluids and walking in the aisles or flexing your toes and feet as often as possible to ward off blood clots. I know cabin pressure doesn't affect my little one, I have read I don't know how many articles to assure myself it is safe and I have consulted with my doctor. But I am just still so nervous...

Anyone have any good stories or friendly advice? I could really do without horror stories...so yea. Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No stories or advice. But I will be making my only 3rd and 4th plane rides while 33 weeks pregnant. Talk about nervous. I think you will be fine though. Hopefully you will be good and showing and people will be extra nice to you.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I flew twice while I was pregnant and everything went fine. Dont worry you will be ok! Congrats by the way!
    AirForceKate

Answer by AirForceKate at 6:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I rode on a plane a couple weeks ago and requested an aisle seat so i could stretch more. I also told the attendants that I was pregnant and needed to be able to move around at times and they were mostly courteous as long as I followed the same rules as the other passengars... remember to take gum and snacks on board with you though, those in flight peanuts don't help much
    RShilling

Answer by RShilling at 6:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Thanks ladies! I already pre-booked an aisle seat purposely for extra leg room and being able to get up and walk or run to the loo if I have too tinkle.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Jul. 4, 2011