Exercise after two Pregnancys in two years

Is it possible to get your stomach to normal or close to normal by cardio and crunches? and other toning techniques? I have lost 90 pounds in the past year and trying now to get back in shape. I still wouldn't mind losing another 15-20 pounds. I am 5'0" and weigh 130-135(varies) and most of the weight I have is in my stomach from having kids.

mandie_jean

Asked by mandie_jean at 1:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Not sure.. I'm trying to get there myself! My kids are 22 months apart and my youngest will be a year old in less than a week. I have lost all but 15 pounds of my baby weight (hoping to lose the rest once I am done nursing) My husband says it's possible (he's a marine with several co-marines who are moms and they are in good shape now but of course their workout regimen is MUCH harder than civilian)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Your skin may or may not return to where it was. Most of that is determined by genetics, but exercise will help. You need to work on your food intake as well, not just focus on exercise. Food is a huge component of weight loss. You need to tone all of your body to get the flab down, don't just do crunches. Cardio will make a big difference if you're consistent and working hard enough, but you also need to do some strength training all around to get some lean tissue, which will rev up your metabolism.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2011