When would you start painting your daughters nails?

I know someone who painted her 7 week olds nails. =[

wiccan92

Asked by wiccan92 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would wait til at least 1 1/2 years
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I think my daughter was around 2 when I first painted her nails. I would not do it before then.
    cowboysgirl3227

Answer by cowboysgirl3227 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I think, she was three & it was that kid safe play fingernail polish. She is12 and just had them done at a salon, not fake nails just polished. She goes to a private school so it'll have to come off before school starts again.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• i think that it just really your preference on this. i know that they make special nail polish that peels off and doesn't taste bad. they have no chemicals in them. my daughter has quite a few bottles of these. but i didn't start letting either one of my girls do there nails til they were five years old. but to each its own i guess
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 1:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• If I had a daughter I say not until she was older. Don't people realize that babies suck on they're fingers? The baby will ingest the polish when it chips off!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• she was around 3. old enough to know when i painted her nails not to put them in her mouth.
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 2:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• under a year old when they are in the feet chewing stage is not a great time.. after they stop the feet chewing you can start with the toes first..
    then from there it depends on the kid.. my oldest was 18-24 months old when we started on toes and 20-30 months old when we started with fingers.. (after she stopped putting her hands in her mouth) by the time she was 2 1/2 years old she was painting her own nails (supervised), by 3 she could paint them better than most adults I know.. she's 3 1/2 now and does her own job painting her nails (again, still supervised, lol).. she use to love watching me do my own nails and hated getting her nails trimmed, so it was sort of a bribe, I'll paint your nails if you let me trim them up for you... so every friday it turned into a spa like night for her and I. we do our nails, mani and pedi style.. I love spoiling her with them and she loves them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• "Don't people realize that babies suck on they're fingers? The baby will ingest the polish when it chips off! "

yes I do, which is why I bought a kid friendly and safe polish.. and made sure she wouldn't put it in her mouth. .she wasnt one to put her hands in her mouth anyways, she liked her paci in her mouth instead, and food and her sippy, but that's about it.. my youngest is another story.. it'll probably be until at least 3 years old before I do hers because she loves her fingers in her mouth, and hates paci's, well she hates bottles too lol. (she's 7 months and still EBF).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I won't be painting my daughters nails until she is out of the chewing her hands and feet stage.. and even then I will probably wait...Probably wait until she is old enough to ask for them to be done.. same way I feel about piercing her ears
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 11:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2011