First Birthday...

My son was born Dec 29. I want to throw him a good birthday party but his birthday is in between Christmas and New Years.
Would It be bad to Celebrate his birthday a month early, but on the day of his party have a cake and and a present or something...

aboocher09

Asked by aboocher09 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that sounds like a good idea.
    1catMcG

Answer by 1catMcG at 1:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• That's a good idea but if it was me I would have it on his day just because I like when birthdays are close to holidays because you can incorporate the theme.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• you could do it January 7th (saturday weekend)... that way it's just after the holidays, it's given everyone a week to recoup.. not to much after his birthday, but enough to keep it away from the holidays..

before christmas or a month before is tough because everyone is still shopping from the holidays, it's hectic, people are traveling, etc.. but right after is a better time IMO..

(my dd was born the 22nd, the same day as her cousin who was born an hour and a half across the hall, lol, so I know how stressful it can be to throw a party before christmas, lol).

a month before I think would be too far ahead as well.. he's not quite one either, so again.. I think after, in january would be better
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• now I have two dd's, both in december (the 8th and 22nd).. so this year I'll prolly do a separate party for her first bday, but after that, throw the parties for family together..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• you know meet somewhere in the middle
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My daughter was born Jan. 7th and has always hated how close her birthday is to the holidays. I have heard about celebrating half birthdays when they get older and then you could always do something on the day of for just you guys. We always celebrate hers on or around her birthday but it does get tricky!

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 3:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• my daughters bday is jan 7 and I have been wondering the same thing lol
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 11:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• well his cousins birthday is 18 days after his.. and i dont want him to have to share that day bc he has to share everything else with her.
    aboocher09

Comment by aboocher09 (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2011