Healthy breakfast ideas that can be easily grabbed at 4am?

I am trying to feed my family more healthy meals and help dh lose weight but I can't think of a lot of healthy meals and snacks :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Try cutting up fruits and vegetables in a container apples power bars and water have it packed up and ready to go the night before also oatmeal or little bags of raisins pack it on monday for all week and maybe some boiled eggs or even small packages of nuts. I do this and its helped me keep on track and eat better.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I really like yogurt with fruit. You can cut up apples, bananas, or cantaloupe the night before and store in the right size container and store the yogurt in another small container to dip. Nature Valley, Oats & Honey cereal bars or granola bars are a nice quick grab. I also eat almonds or peeled sunflower seeds.
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 1:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Fruit. Whole grain cereal.

Answer by louise2 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Waffles topped with peanut butter and granola, Beagle topped with cream cheese you can also add sliced tomato. We eat yogurt with fresh fruit or granola. Oatmeal to go bars. Fresh fruit smoothies.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 2:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My husband takes a breakfast bar, a yogurt and some fresh fruit most days. If I have time I make him some healthy muffins.

Instant oatmeal is easy to grab on the run too.

hungrygirl.com has some great mug scrambled egg recipes. You can have all of the ingredients in a mug (or a small microwavable container) he can just put them in the microwave while he's getting ready and eat quickly, or put them in the microwave at work.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Also, for snacks, my husband takes raw veggies, fruit and nuts.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Make homemade groaoa bars, dried cereal, fruit bars, oatmeal, fruit smoothies, breakfast sandwichs with wheat bread, egg white and low fat sasuage, breakfast trail mix.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2011