What's the last thing your child has said that just caught you by surprise or humbled you?

I decided to make chicken patty sandwiches for lunch today. I have a hard time trying to get my kids (2 and 3) to try something new. So, I told them they were "Crabby Patties" from Spongebob. Well, apparently I didn't account for the possibility that my daughter would proceed to tell me exactly what was on a crabby patty and exactly how to construct it. HAHAHA! She cracks me up...so, I laughed...after I picked up my jaw.

What's the last thing your child has said that sort of humbled you? lol

Kword

Asked by Kword at 2:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My stepson was 9 on Hallowwen (years ago) and he went to his mothers on a Friday and was supposed to be back the next day. We had made plans to do cupcakes for his class for th following Tuesday. His mother didn't return him and took him to school on Monday morning. He came home from school and we had company over. He came over to me and asked if I had remembered about the cupcakes and I told him " I already made them I was just waiting for you to decorate them. We went into the kitchen and I had everything ready and he turned to me and hugged me with his face buried and said to me "I knew of all the people in my life I could count on you. I love you"  Needless to say I had to take a few minutes to pull it together before we decorate.

starfire59

Answer by starfire59 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Today my 9 year old made cookies and when my 12 year old came up stairs he said "Oh good you made the cookies I like." I said "Your sister made them." He grabbed a couple and said "Thanks for making cookies." to his sister. For as much as they fight and argue I know that they care about each other and I must be doing something right!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My daughter is 3 and she said she was dissappointed thee other day...It surprised me to ehar her say such a big word lol
    shar-hulk

Answer by shar-hulk at 2:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My 3-year-old began singing a Tool song. I stopped dead in my tracks with my mouth hanging open. "Who are you to wave your finger, you musta been out your head!"
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 2:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2011