Stretch marks, and still have some water weight. Any suggestions?

I never thought I would have had stretch marks because my mom didn't have them. I was wrong. =/ I just had my baby 3 weeks ago, and I've lost pretty much all of my weight. I still have a little pooch though, and it annoys me to no end. I don't know what kind of exercises to do, or what I can do for my stretch marks. (I've heard nothing works)
I know it's soon, but I want to speed up the process of getting back to how I was before my daughter was born.
Also, I had an episiotomy -forceps delivery-, so I need safe exercises for now.

DementedPsyche

Asked by DementedPsyche at 1:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Hi,

I used to have pretty bad stretch marks and red scars around my belly region ever since I gave birth to my three kids.I had tried Vitamin E oil and cocoa butter which a number of people had recommended but unfortunately it didn't seem to work too well. My Doctor had even suggested that I go for a Tummy Tuck. I then recently read an article about a lady who supposedly got rid of her stretch marks using a particular cream. I tried it and it worked really well. It took a number of weeks but my stretch marks soon faded away. You can read the lady's article at the link below.

http://stretchmarkszapped.wordpress.com
    jennifer8055

Answer by jennifer8055 at 8:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• 3 wks?? Hon, it takes time. It will come off, trust me.. be patient... If the water weight is really bad, talk to your Dr. about Lasix if you aren't nursing... However, I don't think they do that anymore... My daughter just had to wait...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I know, I'm just in a little whiney mood tonight. Lack of sleep doesn't make mamma feel good, lol. And no, I'm not nursing. I didn't get fed properly during pregnancy, so I knew I wouldn't get enough after, and I was afraid for my baby.
    DementedPsyche

Answer by DementedPsyche at 1:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• The weight will come off, that takes time you will work it off just by having a baby. Use coco butter , It takes time but the marks will fade away, Also if you tan cover your marks they will get darker than anywhere else....
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 4:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• My youngest is now 27 mos and the stretch marks have faded pretty good still visible a lil but not too bad and I still have a pouch lol. I'm not sure that ever goes away.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Try to keep in mind that it took 9 months to get your body that way and may well take that long to loose it. I know there are some very lucky women who can lose all of their baby weight within a couple of weeks or even months and have their tight little bodies back. Personally I lost all of my pregnancy weight after about a month and then gained it back, just in a different way. I am personally gonna try out weight watchers after I get moved in a couple of weeks and I'm gonna try to do a little bit of exercising. Walking helps a ton too.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 3:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Oh... I tried to get some sun on my stomach because I heard it can make it better, or make it worse. I'm just hoping mine gets better, though I doubt it because I'm so light-skinned.
    I am a pretty active person, though it's hard for me to work out during the summer because I'm not used to the hot climate. I'll shed all of my weight by winter, if not fall.
    And I will try that cream. =] Cocoa butter has been doing ok, but that's only because my marks are fairly new, and they haven't faded yet.
    Thank you all. =]
    DementedPsyche

Answer by DementedPsyche at 4:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2008