How do you get your kids to?

Stop peeing every where? My daughter is driving me crazy. She is great at school and at home or places its hit and miss.

moma22angels

Asked by moma22angels at 2:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Can you clarify what you mean by everywhere? Is she taking her panties/diapers/pull-ups off and going on the floor, or is she having accidents?
    supermama86

Answer by supermama86 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Sorry she is in underwear and she will just come up and I am wet. Its on the floor all over the house. Accidents
    moma22angels

Comment by moma22angels (original poster) at 2:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Go and buy the plastic covers for panties, Walmart sells them cheap!! They will help protect her clothing. If she is having accidents quite frequently you may want to get her a pack of pull-ups and use those for trips out of home and such! My daughter has been accident free for about 9 months now, and those plastic covers worked awesome!
    supermama86

Answer by supermama86 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Timed voiding. At school they probably take the kids to the bathroom at regular intervals. Set a timer for 90 - 120 minutes and have her 'try' to go when it rings. If she doesn't go, try again every 20 - 30 minutes. Trying 20 - 30 minutes after drinking will also work.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My son did that for a while, every hour on the hour I had him "try" to go. I also asked him if he had to go a lot, sometimes they get so involved with play that they don't realize they have to go. I remember when I was in preschool one day I was so involved with playing a new game that I just wet my pants and I couldn't believe it. I still remember it!
    luvmycutebaby

Answer by luvmycutebaby at 8:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• make her clean up her own accidents very thoroughly and start reminding her more often to use the bathroom. i usually remind them to go right before we go out (that's a rule...they have to at least try or they're not coming), and other times throughout the day especially after mealtimes. they won't need to be reminded forever, but if you help them it will be easier.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• We went through this with dd and I thought I was going to go CRAZY!! I got a timer and set it for 20 min and made her go every 20 min then after a few days maybe a week of that I bumped it up to 30 min and if she had an accident while doing the 30 min then I moved it back down to 20 min. Dd hated it especially when she was playing or coloring or outside playing but I made her anyway and she finally had enough of me making her go so often she just started going by herself when she had to go. She still has accidents every now and again if she is outside and doesnt make it inside quick enough or something like that but other than that she has been doing good. Good luck and hopefully you find something that works for you.
    Abbysmommy0208

Answer by Abbysmommy0208 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2011