At what age do you.............

At what age do you not allow your child to sleep in your bed? Or if you do at all?

Fallon_Long

Asked by Fallon_Long at 10:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have never let any of my kids sleep in my bed.
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• never...except when they are older and have bad dreams and need some support, but I dont think children should ever sleep in a bed with the parents on a regular nightly basis. Thats just my opinion.
    Anonymous

• My daughter just turned a year old. She has never slept in my bed. From day one, in her crib in her nursery. Sometimes though (when she was a newborn) in the day when she fell asleep on my boob from breastfeeding. I will let her sleep on my tummy and I would take a nap too. But usually I would be uncomfortable and just place her in her crib.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• For me personally, I never let my kids sleep in my bed. They do however, come to my bed at the middle of the night sometimes when they wake up but that is a very rare accurance.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 10:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• my first for the first two nights but then i was done with that darling stage... hehehe both the girls have pretty much slept in their own bed/bedroom their whole baby-ness... except when one is super sick then i do let them fall asleep with me and then put her in her own bed
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 10:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Both of my boys slept with me until they were 3 mos old. Then moved to their cribs. Now that my 3 yr old is in a big boy bed, and can get up himself, he comes into my room quite a bit at night. I honestly don't even notice him coming in there and wake up in the am and there he is! (He's very sneaky about it! lol) It really doesn't bother me at all. Especially if he's had a bad dream or isn't feeling well. He's doing it less and less on his own, so I don't feel like I really need to try to get him to stop doing it.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 11:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I have 2 children, My 8 year old daughter will sleep with us when she is sick, but that is the only time. Our son shares room with our daughter, (he gets the bottom bunk), he will sleep about half the night in his bed but every morning we will wake up and he is in bed with us. I figure if the worst problem we have is our kids sleeping in bed with us then we are doing ok!
    jordanmarie2000

Answer by jordanmarie2000 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• my children each slept in the bed with me until we weaned from breastfeeding. which was about 4-5 months old. The reason I opted for cosleeping while breastfeeding was that they metabolize the milk faster and wake more often for feedings so it just made sense to me to cosleep.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• i have a three y.o, who currently refuses to sleep anywhere but directly between mom and dad, and i don't even mind, i am due in may with our third child,
    my two year old wants his own space and im thankful for that , he sleeps in his bed and he's happy
    we are buying our three y,o, a lightning mqueen bed for x-mas and are hoping that he will like it enough to maybe think about it
    rachael596

Answer by rachael596 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My kids don't ever sleep with us unless they're sick. And the only reason we allow that is because a friend's niece threw up in bed one night and choked and is now paralyzed and brain damaged...so that scares the crap out of me! Other than that, they are in there own rooms all night long!
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 2:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2008